Monday, October 20, 2014

Fall Break Day 5--Ice Skating

I have not felt great this weekend, which means that I've done a lot of lying around moaning softly to myself while the kids have done their thing under Kent's supervision.  I didn't go to church yesterday and hardly made anything for anyone to eat.  I figure they can fend for themselves, which largely means eating things like granola bars, fruit snacks, chips, and whatever else they can find.  

This morning, however, I felt marginally better, and when Stacie Mason called and asked if Blythe and even Brandt wanted to go ice skating with her and Ellen, and both kids wanted to go but not without me, I pulled myself out of bed and we went.  All of us.  It was fun, though fairly exhausting.  I spent a lot of time pulling small people up off the ice or trying to keep them upright on their skates.  It isn't an easy thing to learn, but I think we all had a fun time.  

Brandt was willing to be on his own, but he worked his way around the rink by holding on to the side all the way around.  He also spent a fair amount of time in the players box area.  Blythe decided she wanted to go around ten times, but not one time more, so we went around, slowly.  I asked both children if they wanted to take skating lessons, and I got a resounding "NO!" from both.   




I desperately wish this picture was in focus.  
It so sums up Brandt's feelings about ice skating.



Look, they are "skating" without me holding on to them.
I think both of them are being absolutely still so they don't fall over.


She's moving! 
All on her own!





Blythe and her bestie Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment