Sunday, October 12, 2014

Primary Program

Today was the Primary program during sacrament meeting.  At the last minute, like at 8am, I called Grandma Sue and invited her to come watch.  She did.  The children did very well; they sang beautifully, they both said their parts clearly, and neither of them messed about too much.  Brandt was sort of off in La La Land at one point, but they weren't disruptive or obviously bad, so we were pleased.

This year, Blythe was to respond to the question: What are you doing to prepare to go to the temple?

She said, "I read the scriptures each day with my family."

Brandt's question was: When have you felt the power of the Holy Ghost in your life?

He said, "Sometimes at night, when I get scared, I say a prayer and the Holy Ghost comforts me.  I also feel the Spirit when I sing Primary songs."

I certainly felt the Spirit as the children sang their Primary songs, especially when they sang "Follow the Prophet."  I'm not sure why exactly, because "Follow the Prophet" isn't a particularly moving song (except that it makes you want to march around), but hearing those sweet voices singing that we should "follow the prophet; don't go astray," was very touching to me.  Probably because of the messages from conference last week too.  At any rate, it was a beautiful meeting and I missed being in Primary to heap loads of praise on the children for their great efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment