Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall Break Day 4--I Lie In Bed

Today is Sunday and I'm sick.  I didn't go to church, I didn't see the home teachers, I didn't prepare food.  I pretty much lay in bed all day.  It's crummy to lie in bed all day, but I seriously didn't have the energy for anything else.  I coughed, I blew my nose, I sucked on cough drops, I tried not to spread my contagion.  Kent has slept with Brandt the past couple of nights and I'm glad.  I slept marginally better (though not great) knowing that I wasn't keeping him awake with my coughing/wheezing/snuffling all night.  At least I didn't have any responsibilities at church I had to pawn off on anyone, and Kent made scrambled eggs on toast for dinner, so I didn't even have to cook.  Brandt did come up to our room in the afternoon and asked me to read him some Harry Potter.  How could I refuse?  I had just enough energy for a chapter.  Blythe came to join us as we were finishing and encouraged me to read two picture books.  I did, then sent them away and rested.  I was thinking how grateful I am that we didn't go away somewhere for Fall Break, because I can imagine few things worse than being sick away from home.  Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment