Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Performance

Kent and I took the kids to a family friendly concert at BYU today.  It was excepts from The Marriage of Figaro.  Brandt booed at the end, not because he didn't like it, but because it ended too soon and there wasn't enough music.  Warms my heart!  Kent asked if they would want to be in the orchestra or on the stage if they were in an opera.  Brandt said, "I want to be the conductor!" and Blythe said, "I want to be on the stage singing."  No real surprise from either child.

Afterward, we wandered around the museum ground a bit where there are large metal animal sculptures.  Both children wanted to be on them and were fighting about who got to be where.  I took pictures of the struggle.  

See Blythe's pouty face?  
She wants to be where Brandt is.

They could both be there, but Blythe still wasn't happy about it.

She wanted to be all by herself.

See her trying to push Brandt off?
A happy ending to the outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment