Saturday, October 11, 2014

Ava's Baptism


Our sweet Ava was baptized by Christopher today.  It was a happy event, as all baptisms are.  Their stake does it oddly, so we met with the whole stake, eight children from four wards being baptized, and had a large, joint meeting.  I don't like it when they do it that way.  I much prefer when you can meet as wards throughout the morning.  Oh well.  We were the first baptism, so at least we didn't have to wait super long.  It was wonderful to be together and so see Ava taking the important step of being baptized.

After the baptism, we all went to Christopher and Tysen's house for lunch--tacos, salad, and fruit.  We had a little birthday celebration and the kids ran around together.  It was a beautiful day, the sort of day that makes me really, really happy to live close to my mom and siblings.  I rejoice that we can mark these special occasions together.

No comments:

Post a Comment