Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

"I am glad for many things, many things, many things.
I am glad for many thing that are mine today.

Thank you, thank you my heart sings, my heart sings, my heart sings.
Thank you for the many things that are mine today."

This is a short Primary song I taught the children last year when I was the Primary chorister.  I have sung it in my head off and on during the month and am glad for all the things that are mine.  Here is a grossly incomplete list of things that make my heart sing.

A sensitive and patient husband who is kind to others and to me.
Two smart, funny, beautiful, interesting, healthy children who run me ragged.
A testimony of the love of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Being an eternal family.
A loving and supportive extended family.
My bike (and trainer).
The musical sound of Brandt and Blythe laughing.
Good books to read and good TV to watch.
Good friends and neighbors.
Blanca, my cleaning lady, who makes my house look beautiful once a week.
When the children manage to be tidy for at least thirty minutes after Blanca has left so I can enjoy 
      the cleanliness for a moment or two.
Having the financial resources to have Blanca come once a week.
Story time at the library.
Singing, reading, and cooking with the children.
Having people over for dinner.
Cheese.
Playing outside with the children.
Working in Primary with my most excellent counselors (and dear friends).
Creme brulee.
Crunchy bread with butter (or cheese).
Having a sharp mind and keen intellect I occasionally get to put to good use.
Living in a place with four seasons.
Our family blog.
Snuggling with and reading out loud to the children.
Nakie bodies just out of the tub.
Food, glorious food.
Book group.
Opportunities for continued learning.
Introducing the children to new experiences.
Helping Brandt learn to read.
Rocking Blythe at night and have her tell me secrets in my ear.

Life is good, so, so good, and I am blessed beyond measure.



No comments:

Post a Comment