Friday, November 5, 2010

Creativity

The children are so creative when it comes to making messes.  
I am continually amazed at what I find and where I find it. 

Here is Blythe sitting on the landing of the stairs going to the basement.
She is amid almost the entire content of her room.
All of her books are there, plus toys (buried), a few articles of clothes, pillows, and several pair of shoes.
Also diaper bag, a cooler, and a life jacket.
This is a mess the children frequently make.
Sometimes it is a PUS (UPS at our house) truck, sometimes a moving van.  Today it was a garbage truck.
I get tired of cleaning up these messes, so I made the children do it today.
That was almost as painful as doing it myself.

This is an entire roll of string that Brandt found and wound around the dining room chairs and table.
He told me it was a canon, complete with firing pull cord.  
I suppose I should just embrace these messes as wonderful examples of the children's imaginations and creativity.
I'm having a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment