Sunday, November 14, 2010

Brandt's First Talk

Brandt gave his first talk in church today.  Sort of.  While he did do an excellent job on his part in the Primary program, this was the first time he was going to give a talk in Primary.  The topic was to be about service, specifically the scripture in Mosiah 2:17 where it says, "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God."  We practiced his talk a couple of times and he seemed really excited to do it.

When the time came for closing exercises, Brandt sat on the stand (without me) and said to his teacher, "I'm giving a talk!"  All was fine until he stood up on the step to actually speak.  Then he wouldn't say anything except, "You say it!"  So rather than make it a big deal, I said his talk while he held up the three accompanying pictures.  I wasn't really surprised.  Brandt becomes uncomfortable when he is in front of groups of people, but I was so pleased that he was willing to get up there and try.  He is learning all the time, and I am pleased with his efforts.

Here is Brandt's talk, in its entirety because it is pretty short, along with the accompanying pictures.

King Benjamin told us that when we serve others, we serve God.  This week I served three different ways. 
I helped my mom clean the car.  I vacuumed, I wiped down seats, and I washed the windows.

My cousin Ava came over to play with me and I let her use my toys.  We shared my marbles and I let her have the white one, even though I really wanted it myself.
Yesterday, I helped clean the church.  I turned the lights on in the chapel and I took a baby rattle to the lost and found.
I feel good and happy when I help others.
In Jesus' name, amen.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment