Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Spooky Halloween Dinner

Because Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, we did our trick-or-treating on Saturday, leaving not much happening on the actual holiday.  Maybe that doesn't really matter.  I decided to make a Halloween themed dinner and as I went overboard in the planning (what a suprise), we had Darren, Heidi, and Jack Tanner join us for dinner.  Here is the menu:
Rat loaf (meat loaf in the shape of a rat)
Ogre guts (smashed peas)
Brain (carved watermelon)
Ghosts (piped mashed potatoes)
Witches fingers (bread sticks)
Eyeballs (carrots)
Guacamoldy with ghost chips (self explanatory)
Cheese dip with witches hats (again, self explanatory, the witches hats being blue corn chips)
Spooky punch with gummy worm filled ice cubes

Everything was very tasty.  I couldn't figure out what to use as the rat's tail prior to putting it in the oven, and by the time it was done, I still hadn't thought of anything, so it looked more like a gopher.  Gopher loaf lacks the same sort of shiver-up-your-spine creepiness, but the thing looked weird, so I guess it worked.  The ghosts didn't look very ghost like, the nails (almonds) of the witches fingers fell off, and I ran out of effort energy to make the carrots look like eyes, but all in all, I was pleased.  

Kent thought I overdid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment