Thursday, November 18, 2010

Khaos (I know I spelled it wrong!)

For K week I thought it would be fun to make Kiss cookies.  Yummy chocolate and peanut butter.  We had cousins Ava, Crew, and Griffin come over for a bit this morning, and so we all made cookies.  It is difficult to have two children "helping" me prepare food in our tiny kitchen and I wasn't sure I would be able to handle five of them.  It went remarkably well, all things considered.

I first had all the children unwrapped a package of Kisses.  Most made it into the bowl though unsurprisingly some went into mouths.  Then I had the children each take turns putting ingredients into the mixer.  When it called for 3/4 cups brown sugar and 3/4 cups white sugar, I divided measurements up so each child could put in something and Brandt got to turn the mixer on and off.  We did have a bit of mess to clean up when Griffin took the mixer out of the batter while still running, flinging cookie dough on himself, Ava, Brandt, Crew, the counter, two chairs, and the floor.  All in all though, out cookie making went well.  And the end result was very tasty!

So here they are--kids making Kiss cookies.

 
Look at that concentration as they unwrap Kisses.

Happy helpers.

The tasty result.  
Kiss anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment