Saturday, November 16, 2019

Raking Leaves

It was beautiful today; sunny, warm for mid-November, slight breeze.  It is supposed to rain and snow tomorrow and the next day, and I wanted to rake up leaves that were all over the yard.  Sometimes the Bradford pears drop their leaves really late, but most had fallen already, and I wanted to try and get as many up as we could before the snow began to fall.  I had the children come out and help, and as I was giving loud direction, Dan Passmore heard us and came over to ask if he could help.  Before I could say yes or no, Brandt said, "YES! Mom, say yes!"  With Brandt and Dan mowing up leaves, and Blythe and I raking out from around the trees and bushes, we made quick work of the yard.  I was so grateful for their help.  What would have taken me hours alone took us less than one together.  Sadly, because of the slight breeze mentioned earlier, the yard looked tidy for about three minutes.

 Blythe is out in shorts and a t-shirt, dressed for July even though it's November.

No comments:

Post a Comment