Saturday, November 23, 2019

Frozen 2

Our neighbor, Ashley Jensen, is a real estate agent.  Today, her agency rented the Scera Theater for a private showing of Frozen 2.  I invited Brick, Cora, and Kal to join me, Brandt, and Blythe, and they were excited to be coming with us.  They were offering treats in addition to the free movie, and we there all thrilled to be there.  Everyone was great through the movie, even Kal.  Brick liked it so much he wanted an immediate repeat showing.  I particularly like the song "The Next Right Thing" that Anna (Kristen Bell) sings.  It's a song about make a right choice, even when you can't see in the dark.  The lyrics spoke to me.

Just do the next right thing
Take a step, step again
It is all that I can to do
The next right thing
I won't look too far ahead
It's too much for me to take
But break it down to this next breath, this next step
This next choice is one that I can make
So I'll walk through this night
Stumbling blindly toward the light
And do the next right thing
And, with it done, what comes then?
When it's clear that everything will never be the same again
Then I'll make the choice to hear that voice
And do the next right thing
 
Following God and the Spirit is just like this.  Of late, I've felt very much like I can't look too far ahead, but even in the darkness, I can do the next right thing, listen to God's voice, and move forward.  Good message, and set to music, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment