Friday, August 2, 2019

Out and About the Town

We needed to get out of the house today, and in thinking about something to do, I remembered that Provo began a mural project.  All over town are painted murals, adorning walls big and small.  There is a map with these murals, and I thought we could visit some, take pictures, and get a treat.  I invited Mikayla and her crew to join us, and she readily agreed we should get out.

We drove around downtown, trying to find someplace to have lunch (the place we were going to go had closed), and someplace to park.  We were in and out of parking garages, around and around, and finally settled on Tommy's Burgers for lunch.  I don't know how they are still in business.  It was fine, but the whole place is slimy with grease.  It was hot, the kids weren't excited to be outside, and everyone was just a titch testy.


The murals we found were fun, but the pictures didn't turn out as cute as we had hoped.  Really, the whole saving grace was that we stopped at Rockwell Ice Cream for a cone.  That made everyone happy.  We need to try the mural activity again, when it's not so hot, and when we've packed snacks, and when no one needs a nap.

Two cool dudes.
One big. One small.
I love them both!
Not in front of a mural, but a colorful fence.

My favorite son


A high up mural 



When I was downloading pictures, I found these rather silly shots taken when I was unaware.




No comments:

Post a Comment