Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Spring Has Sprung

Spring has sprung, and for a couple of weeks now, I've been itching to get outside and work in the yard.  New growth has been pushing up through the dirt and leaves and debris filling the beds, and I've wanted to get out and tidy.  I also picked up some spring flowers at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago, but as I was sick and out of commission for essentially two weeks, nothing got tidied, and nothing got planted.  I've been watering the flowers in the garage, hoping they wouldn't die.  

This week, I made progress.  Yesterday, I cleaned out all the flowers beds in the front yard, including the pine tree island by the sidewalk.  So many pine cones!  I got a bit done in the back, too, before the kids came home and needed my attention.  But I was so pleased with the cleaned out beds I knew were ready for flowers.  

Today, with a bit of help from Blythe, I planted.  I put in primrose, pansies, and ranunculus.  They are bright and bold and add needed pops of color all along the front of the house.  I just love them!  Blythe came home from school about the time I was beginning to plant, and she volunteered to help for the bit of time between school and activity days.  She was happy to be of service, and I was happy to have her beside me as we dug.  Here's to spring and the arrival of planting and growing season.  And here's to children who help their parents.






No comments:

Post a Comment