Saturday, March 2, 2019

Culture, at the Ballet

I took Blythe to the ballet today.  It was Sleeping Beauty.  We've been to the ballet for the last several years, and I think Blythe likes it.  Sleeping Beauty was during the second half of the program, with two other pieces in the first half.  At intermission, Blythe turned to me and said, "I didn't understand any of that.  What did that have to do with Sleeping Beauty?" 

When Sleeping Beauty was on, Blythe quite liked it, but then it kept going on.  And on and on and on.  Aurora is awakened, Maleficent is vanquished, everyone appears to be happy.  But then all the fairies (seven, not three) have to dance alone, then together, then in twos and threes.  Aurora and the prince have to dance, then Aurora alone, then the prince alone.  Blythe kept looking at me pleadingly, hoping we could go.  We were in the middle of the row, however, and weren't going to climb over 26 people to get out.  She survived.


No comments:

Post a Comment