Monday, May 14, 2018

PHS All Class Reunion

This evening, Kent and I took the children to our old alma mater, Provo High School, for an all-class reunion.  A new school is being built on the west side of Provo, and this is the last year that PHS will be where it's been since 1956.  We walked the halls, went backstage and up to the make-up room to see where I performed in dramatic productions, saw the old gyms, classrooms, the library, and lunchroom.  Some of it looks completely different, whole wings and large hallways have been added, and some of it looks totally unchanged from the days I was there, and even from when Kent was there.  He graduated in 1975, and I graduated in 1988.  We both ran into a handful of classmates, and the kids liked seeing everything.  The only downer was that Blythe wanted to see inside a locker, and we couldn't find a single student that actually had a locker and could let us peer in.  Apparently, no one uses a locker anymore.  I will get to tour the new school tomorrow, and the beginning of the 2018-19 school year will see the first students using the new building.  Goodbye dear PHS!

My junior year in high school, my locker was behind us on the right.
This is main hall, near C wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment