Saturday, May 5, 2018

Spring Soccer

Blythe played soccer again this spring.  She was on the same team as cheese the dog ran up a tree!!!!!

I wrote the first sentence and the beginning of the second above. I think Blythe came in while I was doing it and I suggested she write a bit about soccer. What did she like, how did she feel she improved, who played with her, what advice Aunt Mikayla gave her before games. That sort of thing.  Instead I got a dog named cheese doing impossible things and nothing about soccer.

Sigh.

Blythe played on the same team that she played on in the fall, with many of the same girls and with Brian Bradford as her coach. She improved quite a bit. She was a fierce defender, even against aggressive offensive players.

And that's how far I got until August 16th, the day I'm actually going to finish this post.  Months, literally, have passed.

Sigh.

So here it goes.  Again.

Today was Blythe's last soccer game this season.  She has liked playing, and she has definitely improved.  The whole team improved.  Most of the same players were together in the fall, so they've grown together.  Brian Bradford has been their coach, and it's been fun to watch him interact with the girls.  Blythe is committed to playing again in the fall, so I suppose we're officially a soccer family.












Our penultimate game, it rained and rained.  Those of us watching from the sidelines huddled under umbrellas and blankets, trying to stay reasonably dry with varying degrees of success.
The girls stayed warm running around.
We took a team photo because one or two of the girls were not going to be there at the last game,
so here are these group shots.

I was trying to look happy, 
but really I was wet and cold.






Maggie, Katie, Zoe, Blythe, ?, Bella
Addie, ?, Lilly, Emily, Maria
Sadly, I'm blogging about this in August, and neither Blythe nor I can remember the names
of two of the new girls on the team.
Oh well.
The team, with Brian and Kerrie, their coaches.


No comments:

Post a Comment