Thursday, May 3, 2018

Hanging Around While Mikayla has Work Done

Today, Mikayla had surgery (Again!) on her sinuses and septum, and had her tonsils and adenoids removed.  This has been coming and we've known it would be a long recovery (they've told her minimum of two weeks), so she waited until Mom retired so I'd have help.  But today, while she's been having the surgery, Mom has been with her and the children have been with me.  It's always an adventure when the children are with me.

Mom sent a text with an update, saying, "Surgery went well."

Here is the reply update I sent.
Here is my report. House is a disaster area. Federal funds have been secured to help with clean-up. Kent was loudly talking in the office to Lee and woke Kal who was sleeping above him in our room. He had a 40 minute nap. My efforts to get him to go back to sleep were fruitless. Everyone had lunch. Kal doesn't like broccoli. Neither does Kila. Cora asked for juice, blankie, and binkie, and then announced she was ready for a nap. I broke into Brandt's room to put her down, discovering the laptop with headphones plugged in under his covers. We're going to hope Cora is awake before Brandt gets home from school so we can recreate the bed scene, casually ask where the laptop is, and see if he'll come clean. And speaking of clean, did I mention my house isn't? We went for a walk this morning. Everyone headed off in a different direction. We didn't make it very far. While I was trying to get Kal back to sleep, Cora went outside and played in the bird food and bird bath.  She's got bird food in her hair which will probably end up in Brandt's bed, thus letting him know someone else was there. Her shirt got soaking wet. She's napping half naked. Kal is wandering around the house with a back scratcher, and Brick and I just finished a game of kiddie Monopoly. I won. Did I mention the general state of the house? I'm sure not winning in that department.
It was quite the day.  I think we'll do it all over again tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment