Friday, May 4, 2018

Kangaroo Zoo

Yesterday I reported on how our day went with Mikayla's kids all here while she recuperates following her surgery.  The children were all here again today, about as wild as they were yesterday.  Here's some pictorial evidence.


Cora wanted to color at the desk, with her graham cracker, binkie, and blankie.
Doesn't she look so cool with her glasses on?
It's been pandemonium again.

In an effort to keep the pandemonium to a minimum, and it being Friday and early out, I thought we'd have a Field Trip Friday to Kangaroo Zoo.  I know Brick loves to jump and slide, I figured Cora would like it too, and that there would even be things Kal liked.  How could we go wrong?

It didn't go wrong . . . but it didn't go brilliantly right, either.  Brick did like it, Cora warmed up and eventually liked it, and Kal didn't like it at all.  Brandt brought Sam Oyler and I think the two of them had a good time, but I wasn't really circulating much because Kal was only happy if I was sitting down and holding him, and if I stood up to go look for someone else, he fell apart.  So I sat with him and watched the other children race by from time to time.  We did stop for ice cream on the way home, and everyone liked that, including Kal who wore a great deal of his ice cream on his face.





And now, a series of pictures of Kal, unhappy in various positions.

 

 

 

Reasonably happy in my lap.

 
Unhappy sitting on his own, then reconsidering,
then happy.





 






Happy with his ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment