Friday, February 9, 2018

Winter Olympics 2018

The Winter Olympics from PyeongChang South Korea started today.  Well, the opening ceremonies were today, and I thought, as a family, we might have a little party.  My idea included having Korean food for dinner then watching the opening ceremonies.  That's it.  I thought about doing some decorating or some games or learning some Korean words, but in the end, I opted for simple.  I made Korean beef in the crock pot, which we had with rice, broccoli, pot stickers, and fruit.  The cultural and artistic portions of the opening ceremonies were very interesting, the parade of nations less so.  We fast-forwarded through most of that, but enjoyed the rest.  It will be fun to watch the Olympics over the next couple of weeks.  No pictures of people eating this delicious Korean food because Kent and I were the only ones who did.  I need to work harder at helping my children appreciate cultural difference and eat more adventurously. 





I was going to make Cheetos in ice cream cones Olympic torches, but I forgot.
All the stuff is still in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment