Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Night Out, Separately

Tonight we all went out.  But separately.  Blythe and I went to the ballet at BYU, and Kent and Brandt to the BYU men's volleyball game with Christopher and Tysen, Guy and Mikayla, and Grandma Sue.  We all had a great time at our respective activities.  It was really nice to have one on one time with the kids.  We should plan those sorts of activities more frequently; it's different than being all together somewhere, and different than me with the kids.  The volleyball team swept their opponent in three games, so there was much cheering and it wasn't a super late night.  Blythe and I saw Carnival of the Animals with lots of exciting costumes, short dances, and fun music.  There were even darling child dancers dressed as turtles.  My favorite dance was The Swan, and Blythe's was The Owl.  She likes owls.  It was a great evening for one and all.

Tysen very kindly took a picture of Kent and Brandt for me.
Kent would never think to take a picture.
I, on the other hand, have several pictures from my date with Blythe.

Before the show.
I'm a sad fish and Blythe is Aslan.
There were neither fish nor lions in the ballet.





No comments:

Post a Comment