Monday, July 25, 2016

Swimming for Pioneers

Pioneer Day was on Sunday this year, so the celebrating bridged the weekend, leaving us to be involved in activities on Saturday and Monday.  On Saturday, the children both participated in the Pioneer Day Parade and we all went to the pancake breakfast immediately following.  Kent helped with breakfast, leaving early to help set up and whip up, and we joined him after the parade.  I tried to take pictures, but our house is at a bad angle for shooting small people coming up the hill facing the morning sun.  They are either half in shadow or the light is so bright they are blinded.  I'll post the single shot I thought was acceptable of the boys.

Sam and Jarom, Brandt in orange wearing his Peter Pan ragged jeans, 
and Charleen Doman's two grandsons whose names I don't remember.

Normally on Pioneer Day, we go down to North Park for all the city's festivities.  We listen to music and throw tomahawks, and have a covered wagon ride.  But because of stuff going on in our lives and my inattention, we forgot about going.  I remembered about 7:30pm.  Oh well.  There is always next year.

We had a nice Sunday.  I substituted in Primary and enjoyed sharing time.  Some of the kids shared stories about a pioneer ancestor and then we sang Pioneer songs.  I was impressed by the ancestor stories.

Today we gathered with DeMartinis to swim at Grandma Sue's house.  It was beautiful and we had a super fun time, as we always do when we swim with cousins at Grandma's house.  Makes me miss Grandpa De who is no longer with us when we swim.  But we were happy to celebrate those who came before us by swimming together.  No connection, I know, but still a good time.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment