Monday, July 25, 2016

Mission Reunion

Today I got to catch up with one of my former mission companions, Rebecca Walker Watt.  We met up at BYU with her youngest, Nathan, and Brandt and Blythe.  Knowing we would have the kids, we opted for bowling at the Wilkinson Center so the children would be somewhat entertained while Rebecca and I talked.  We then went to Denny's for brunch.  Our server forgot about us or our order fell on the floor and got walked on or it was so busy no one thought to bring food to the people stuck in the back room all by themselves.  Whatever the reason, it took really a long time for our food to come, but that just meant that Rebecca and I were able to visit longer to the background whine of hungry children.  It was so nice to see her and I'm glad we were able to get together.

If I was really ambitious, I would go downstairs, climb over stored stuff, under the house, dig through boxes to find my mission scrapbooks, then scan a picture of me and Rebecca when we were companions 24 years ago.
But I'm not.
So no "remember when" picture.
I'm sure we look just the same, like we did when we were 22.
How is it possible that it's been 24 years?


No comments:

Post a Comment