Sunday, July 10, 2016

Blythe Speaks in Primary

Blythe was asked to speak in Primary today.  The Primary secretary sent me a reminder text three days ago, but in the meantime, I forgot.  We sat down in sacrament meeting and looked at the program, and I gasped as I realized we had nothing prepared.  So after the sacrament, Blythe squeezed in close to me and I told her the theme: The Temple is the House of God.  She thought for a moment then quietly dictated the following.

I have been asked to speak about The Temple is the House of God.  An experience I remember from when I was little was when I was sealed to my parents in the temple.  I don't remember the feeling, but I think I was overjoyed and excited.  My mom and dad cried happy tears.
I have been on tours of temples and I've felt good.  The temple is the house of God. When we are at church we can feel the Spirit, and when we go to the temple we can feel the Spirit, too.
Some places I like to go are quiet and I can think about questions I can ask Heavenly Father.  Specific places I like to go are the swings, the tramp, and my room.  Sometimes I just walk around in the backyard.  I think about what the temple looks like.  I haven't had many experiences with the temple, but I know I will when I get older.  Temples are happy places to be.  And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
She wanted to show the picture of all of us in front of the temple on the day she was sealed, so Kent ran home and got it before she spoke.  Sister Davis held the picture while she gave her talk.  I thought this was great!  I am amazed that Blythe is thinking about questions she can ask Heavenly Father when she's out on the swings.  All this time, I just thought she was swinging.  She is remarkable!

Looking at this picture, I think Blythe does look overjoyed and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment