Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring

I love spring.  I love watching the new growth on trees, seeing the perennials pushing up through the dirt, and watching things come alive.  This year we were very fortunate to have beautiful weather as the magnolia tree bloomed.  The last two years, the buds have burst open covering the tree with pink blossoms only to have it turn cold two days later and have everything turn brown and fall off.  This year we had pink blooming tree in the front yard for a whole week.  Yeah!  I have enjoyed watching everything spring to life and can't wait to get going on the transformation of the back yard.

The magnolia tree in the front yard.
Not only is this beautiful, it smells wonderful!

We have very little by way of shrubbery in the back yard.
We have three burning bush on the north side of the house that you can't see unless you are playing on the play equipment, and this bush.
I don't know what it is, but in the spring, it has fantastic pink blossoms all over it.
Aren't they beautiful?
I don't particularly love the bush the rest of the year when it leafs out,
but as that is about all there is, I'll take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment