Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Sunday Walk

After all the activity yesterday, I was pooped and swore I would do nothing today but sit on the couch and maybe read to the children (we are in the middle of a wonderful book Flora and Ulysses).  But about 5:00pm, Kent said, "Let's go wander along the river trail at BYU."  Not five minutes before, Mikayla had called to say that there were baby ducks at the botany pond, so who could possibly resist two such suggestions?

Off we went.

We walked and talked, chased some ducks and oohed and aahed over other baby ones, Kent and I got an impromptu performance by a mime and a hula dancer, and I ogled trees and plants that might work in our backyard.  It was a lovely evening.

As I look at the following pictures, I must comment that Brandt felt compelled to bring his guns because, in his words, "I'm a Red Clone Trooper."  And Blythe wanted me to take a picture of her on every rock we passed.  That was a lot of rocks.


Says Blythe, "I am a princess."

Red Clone Trooper guarding the princess.

"I'm doing a pose," says Blythe.









Cute baby ducklings.



There were two dozen or more ducklings around the pond.

The following pictures are of the show we got.
The emcee introduced dancing, singing, a mime, some hula, and a row by row greeting of the audience.
He didn't announce a bit of a fight, but we got that too.














No comments:

Post a Comment