Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter

The DeMartinis gathered for a festive Easter celebration at Christopher and Tysen's house today.  We had lunch, we decorated sugar cookies, we played outside, and we had an egg hunt.  Brandt and Blythe love to be with their cousins and today was no exception.  Guy played football with the big boys, the little boys wandered around eating stuff off the ground, and the adults chatted and laughed.  Food was delicious.  We had enough eggs for every child to collect about fifteen, and we celebrated Luke's eighth birthday (his baptism will be in a couple of weeks).  It was a marvelous way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  And I have nothing else to say because I am actually blogging about this at the end of September and can remember nothing else in detail.










Lunch.
That partially eaten orange stuff in the middle is roasted red pepper dip.
It is YUMMY!  
We couldn't stay out of it.



Grandma Sue with Rowen and Brick.




Believe it or not, we didn't coordinate our outfits.




The big kids are waiting and watching the little kids look for eggs.
My kids qualify as "big."


What an outfit.









Brandt has an "eat as you go approach" to egg hunting.
Find an egg. Open the egg.
Eat contents of egg as you look for next egg.
Repeat.



Our attempts to get a group shot of all the grandkids, although we only have 12 of 15.
Brick was inside having a nap, and the new twins were home.
Crew, Lyla, Makenna, Donovan, Blake with Collin, Brandt, Ava with Rowen, Luke, Blythe, and Griffin

Blythe went off somewhere.

Here is what everyone is thinking.
Crew: When will this be over?
Lyla: I am too cute.  See my chubby cheeks? Too cute!
Donovan: Give us a kiss.
Makenna: Hmmm.  I wonder what sort of candy is in my eggs.
Blake: Collin is getting really heavy.  Hurry up and finish with the pictures already.
Collin:  I know something you don't know, and I'm not going to tell you.
Brandt:  I've already eaten all my candy, and we haven't even left the yard.
Ava:  How much longer do I have to hold his screaming kid?
Rowen:  STOP! JUST MAKE IT STOP! I WANT MY MOM!
Luke: I've got lots of candy and cupcakes coming too!
Griffin:  When will this be over?

Blythe reappears and everyone is thinking,
Can we just be done already?!
Yes!

Orange birthday cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment