Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine's Day


It was an unusual Valentine's Day. Maybe not. Maybe it was just another day. Kent and I worked. I took treats to work, chips and queso and salsa, chocolate strawberries, and chocolate covered pretzels. The kids went to school. In the evening, because it was Wednesday, I had young women and Brandt had young men. The young women were helping serve dinner at Jeri Covey's house. She always throws a wonderful dinner/program for widows in a couple of wards, and she asked the young women to help serve. There were 54 guests and three or four girls were assigned to serve each table. Marvellous Catering was doing the food, and I ended up helping plate food. When all the guests were fed, the young women got to eat too. I had plans to give each of my young women a little treat with a clever saying, but that didn't happen. I had plans to do something nice for Kent, Brandt, and Isabella, but that didn't happen. Expressing one's love and commitment to another shouldn't be limited to some randomly selected day, so maybe I'll do something next week. 



Above is our beautiful Isabella. She helped Mikayla throw a Galentine's party for Cora and friends. Mikayla took darling pictures of the girls and then a darling picture of Isabella. She's my favorite daughter!

As a funny sidenote, I made a call today at work to talk to a client about his account which was overdrawn. He was frustrated and told me his wife is dealing with some emotional challenges and is using online shopping as a coping tool. I explained what I could do about the charges that day and apparently wasn't communicating clearly. I understood but the client didn't. He said something to the effect that even though married for many years, he still didn't understand women. I replied, "Oh, I get it. I've been married 29 years and will be going to marriage therapy with my husband this evening to celebrate Valentine's Day." He didn't believe me, but it was true. Kent and I went to see the therapist today mid-afternoon. Because I was going to the activity early, Kent bought us all dinner which we snarfed before I raced out the door. How romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment