Saturday, February 3, 2024

My Best Friend Sidekick

I got up early this morning, made a two-week menu and shopping list, and prepared to go to the grocery store. It was shortly before 8:00am and I texted Guy to see if any the kids over there wanted to come to the store with me. Freya was the only one eager to join me, so I stopped by and picked her up. She hung out with me pretty much the rest of the day.

We first went to the grocery store. She rode on the top of the police car cart, chatted with people we passed by, introduced herself and told them her sister Thea wasn't with us, munched on a pear and later had a yogurt drink, helped put our purchases on the conveyor belt, and had a treat because she was so good. She made me laugh. We were speedy enough at the grocery store that Costco hadn't even opened yet, so we ran back home to unload our buys. She helped carry in a few things and petted Moo Moo while Kent and Isabella helped me bring in the rest. 

We put things away and headed to Costco. Freya wanted to get a flatbed cart, so she rode around with her feet hanging off, "helping me" along the way. I was worried someone else would run over her toes. She leapt up to put things on the cart and sat regally on the package of TP. She took a break on a huge beanbag-ish chair, and made sure we got all the things her mom needed, including bacon. We must not forget the bacon!

What's up with that tongue?


We got home and made smoothie, another request. Freya helped run the blender. I de-meated the chicken I bought, and we had a bit of lunch. She wanted to do a puzzle, so we cleared off the table and then did one. I needed to mop the floors downstairs and Freya willingly helped with the spray bottle. Her arm got "really tired," so she didn't last long, but she was great while her arm held up. 

I wanted to go see Lion King Kids at Rock Canyon, a show Brandt has been helping with, so Freya and I picked up Thea and Cora and we all went together. I should have taken a picture of all of us there, dang it! It wasn't until after the play that I took everyone home. Freya had been with me seven hours. Seven hours of pleasant company, great help, and amusing banter. It was fun to have one-on-one time with her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment