Monday, February 12, 2024

Monday Morning at the Super Bowl

As part of our Sabbath observance, we don't watch television or play computer games. I always blog, but I figure that's doing family history and I try really hard not to get distracted by other things. Because we aren't watching TV on Sundays, we miss all the big sporting events, including the Super Bowl. For 75% of us, that doesn't really matter, but Brandt really wants to watch and can't. However, we have been fortunate to have a ready solution at hand. 

The Oylers (they live across the street) also don't watch TV on Sundays, they have a DVR, they like the Super Bowl, and they record it. Then, to ensure they see the game before going out into the world and listening to other people talk about it, they get it up early on Monday morning and watch without the time outs, commercials, half-time show, and extra blah blah blah that happens and drags out the game. They invite others in the same spot to come over and at half-time they take a little break, have breakfast, then finish up before school and work. 

Hoorah! 

Yesterday I volunteered to have Brandt take over breakfast casserole, so I got up at 5:00am to slide it into the oven, then took it over myself when it was baked. I like football enough to watch a bit, so I sat down and stayed until middle of the third quarter when I needed to go get ready for work. I Googled the final score; a Chiefs win over the 49ers in overtime. Because Brandt had late start, he was able to stay until the end, happy he was able to participate, even early in the morning.

Sam and Brandt snuggled up on the couch,

with Sarah, Abby Davis, and Rachel next to them.

Early in the first quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment