Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday Dinner Preparation

 


Mid-afternoon, while I was at work, I got a call from Izzy who said, "I want bread bowls for dinner tonight." 

"Great!" I replied. "What are you going to put in the bread bowls?"

"Potato soup," she said. "Where's the recipe? I'm going to make it."

I can tell you I'm not passing up that offer! I told Izzy where she could find the recipe and eagerly looked forward to dinner. She called twice more with questions, but I came home to a steaming pot of delicious potato soup. The bread bowls were a yummy container for the soup which we sat down to eat almost immediately after I got home. 

It was absolutely wonderful to have someone else prepare food, especially on a Friday when I work late. Thank you, Izzy! And Kent too, who made a significant contribution to the effort.

Want to try something new next week?



Look how delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment