Saturday, February 3, 2024

The Lion King: Kids

Rock Canyon Elementary has been working on a school play, The Lion King: Kids. They requested technical help from high school students, and Brandt, ever the good guy, volunteered to do sound. He's spent the past couple of weeks off and on at Rock Canyon, and today I took Cora, Freya, and Thea to the production. For some reason, I didn't take a picture of the four of us together. Also for some reason, even though he went over early, Brandt did not save us a good seat. 

Thea was bored and ready to go about 10 minutes into the show, but I assured her it wasn't too long and she could stay until the end. She and Freya danced in the aisle as the kids on stage sang. Several of the young women in my class were in the show (Ada Bushman, Bailee Blad, Lauren Ficker), and several from the ward who are a year younger (Olivia Bradford, Ainsley McDonald, Jayne Seamons). It was fun to see them too. 

I did get a picture or two of Brandt doing tech. He really is good to share his talents and skills and I was glad to see him helping. Andrea Blad was put out that he wasn't being paid, but the director did get him a couple of gift certificates which was a nice gesture. 

I dropped the girls off at their house and left immediately to attend another play at the Hale Centre Theatre. Here's to theater is all its forms! And here's to outstanding theater technicians.



My neighbor, Natalie Bean, took this picture and sent it to me.
What a cute boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment