Saturday, October 7, 2023

Stake Dance -- Thriller

The Stake Young Women's Presidency has been sponsoring stake dance instruction for the youth. They have been really fun! This month's dance was Thriller. I invited Kelsey Phillips Harrington to come and teach us, and she did a great job. She taught us about a minute and a half of the dance. I danced with the kids, and it was tricky! It's really fast. We were doing the learning portion very slowly. Then she would turn on the music for us to dance to and it would be way faster. 

Everybody had a great time. There is a portion of the dance where she divided the kids into small groups and had them come up with their own choreography. I loved watching them be creative together. Then she had our whole big group divide into two groups. Half of them watched the other group perform and then they switched. I really liked that too. I thought it was a great idea. It was terrific to see the cool dance moves they came up with. The following pictures are snips from video and are all blurry. Oh well. It's the documentation I've got.

Brandt with Landon and the other big boys who were there dancing.

Kelsey in front teaching with the Craigs behind her.


Brandt and Landon in the back with Quentin Drake in the front.

I had just finished saying, "Stop it!" to Brandt who was filming too close.

Landon getting his zombie on.

For dessert, I ordered brownies from BYU, and then covered them with chocolate sprinkles and so that it looked kind of like dirt. I also ordered candy zombie hands that we put in the brownies so it looked like a zombie hand was clawing its way out of the earth. Terrific treats to go along with a terrific activity. 

I am loving these dances, I think they are just super super fun. I think the youth who attend our really enjoying them too. Brandt came with Sam today and they both had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment