Thursday, October 26, 2023

Last Day Biking 2023

I thought last week was the last day I would bike with Maureen for the season, but then the weather looked like it would be good today. Maybe "good" is a bit of an overstatement, but it would be warm enough anyway to be out for a ride. Maureen and I launched out together and it wasn't too long before we realized we had made a terrible mistake. We flew down 9th East but about part way down, began to feel a little sprinkle of rain. As we turned on to 300 South, it began to actually rain. By the time we were at 200 East, it was pouring rain. We turned north for home at 200 West and slogged home in a downpour with a fiercely blowing wind. There were a couple of times I felt like I was going to be blown off my bike. Maureen and I laughed at ourselves for being so silly, but also congratulated ourselves on a long outdoor biking season. Now I'm going to attach the bike to the trainer and try to be a diligent rider through the winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment