Saturday, October 21, 2023

A Trip to Salt Lake with the Johnsens

My niece, Michelle, is opening a new storefront shop at Trolley Square. She has had an online business for many years, but the shop is a new and exciting venture. Her grand opening was today, and I wanted to go up and support her. But having an outing, I couldn't go alone. I invited Brant and Isabella who absolutely wanted to come with me, and then I invited Mikayla and her children to come too. Mikayla wasn't up to it, but I took 80% of her children. 

Trolley Square was having a Fall Festival. Shops were decorated for Halloween, some of them were giving out treats, kids could come dressed in costumes, they had a petting zoo, and people could throw pumpkins off of a tall tower to splat into the parking lot below. It was all super exciting. 

As a group, we wandered around. We did some trick-or-treating, and of course we went to Michelle's shop. My little Belleville is absolutely darling! The shop itself is super cute, the inventory is creative, and Michelle was totally in her element. We bought some fun things and gave her a hug and congratulated her. 

While everybody wanted to throw a pumpkin off of the tall tower, nobody was willing to wait in line to do so. Instead, we watched the pumpkins come flying down to splat on the ground in front of us. That was exciting enough. We also went to the petting zoo. They had little pony rides as well as several animals the children could pet and even hold. Everyone was delighted with the ferret, and Isabella begged me to get one for our very own. 

We had a funny experience with Kal. All of the kids had a pony ride, and as soon as Kal got off, probably not even a minute later, he started looking all panicky and began crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I'm allergic to horses!" I didn't know that! Total news to me. They had a little hand washing station and we all rushed over to wash wash wash wash. I got some water on my hands and wiped off Kal's eyes to try and make sure that all allergens were removed. He seemed okay.

Everyone was hungry by the time we were finished at trolley square, so we went and got some lunch at Wendy's. I totally enjoyed being with all of the little people and with my own big people. It was a good day's activity.














Brandt was so patient as we waited in line for the pony rides.
He kept saying he was going to ride the pony and
I kept telling him he was not.
Poor big boy.







No comments:

Post a Comment