Friday, October 4, 2019

While the Parents are Away, the Rest of Us Will Play

We've been having a marvelous time with Brick, Cora, and Kal.  Having five children and a dog changes lots of things.  I made sure to clear my calendar, knowing that I'd be focused on little people, and we've been busy.  Busy busy busy!  Here are a smattering of pictures indicating some of things we've been doing.

Says I, on the second day of Mikayla and Guy's absence,
"I've got this mom of five thing going! Potty training, making homemade food, getting people bathed. The house is a wreck and lots of things have been crossed off the list, but so far, it's going well."
Yes, I forgot to mention, Cora and I have been working on potty training.
She's doing great!
I'm being very patient, and singing the potty song.
"Potty potty potty! Toilet toilet toilet! Cora goes potty on the toilet!
Potty potty potty! Toilet toilet toilet! Cora is a big girl now!"
I'm killing it!

C'mon baby and do the twist!
Our retro boy and his quasi sister had a dance party, 
moving around to Chubby Checker's Twist.

Kal and I went for a walk around the block by his house, ran into Tom Nelson,
and Kal climbed a tree while Tom and I talked.
He's really like a foot off the ground, but he looks like he's up really high.

Kal and I spent some time next door where he jumped on the tramp and sat on the grass.

Blythe dressed Cora up in her Egyptian costume, complete with eye makeup.
Cora looks fantastic!

Twinners!
Kal and I are both in our flag shirts.
I hope I can be cool too.
Turns out, it was National Boyfriend Day the day we wore our twinner shirts.
I do love this boyfriend of mine!

We're having bathtime every night, if only to marginally contain the energy.
Just after this picture was taken, both Cora and Kal used the little cups to dump water all over the floor.
Clearly, energy not adequately contained.
I texted Mikayla, "Bathtime! They've got the jets going.  Mom and Kent are cleaning the kitchen after dinner, while I bathe these two.  Brick is in the basement with Brandt and Blythe.  
Bedtime is getting closer and closer."

A rare moment of stillness for Kal who is watching something on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment