Monday, June 3, 2019

Off to Camp Big Springs

I can't believe it, but it's true.  Blythe is off to fifth grade camp.  She's been so excited for weeks and weeks and feeling like this day would never come, but it has.  We put together most of her clothes and gear on Friday before our evening activities, and bought a couple of last minute items Saturday evening, so that early this morning she would be ready to go.  It wasn't hard to motivate her to get it done because she's been ready emotionally for a long time.

Speaking of being emotionally ready, I wasn't.  Our good girl has not been away from us for this long, and I will miss her.  The house will definitely be more quiet because she is always humming or singing or making weird noises , and her genuinely happy personality bubbles over and infects the rest of us.  I will admit that I got teary, but Blythe forced me away as soon as we got her signed in, saying, "Go away Mom, before you cry and embarrass me."  So I did.  I went away and didn't embarrass her because I waited until we were in the car to cry.


That's a lot of stuff!  She looks like she's running away from home.
Wait! She is!
Have a wonderful week, sweet Blythe.  
We're excited to hear all about it when you get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment