Saturday, June 1, 2019

Little Red Riding Hood

Eva Fisher and I biked around Cache Valley today in what has become an annual tradition for me.  I think this was the 13th year I've ridden in Little Red, and I've loved it every year.  Cache Valley in early June is always beautiful and green, the weather is usually nice (today was), I love getting away for an overnighter, and I love biking with friends.  The ride is well supported and there is always a festive atmosphere among riders and supports.  Eva has a slightly torn MCL, so we only biked 36 miles.  But, I have't spent much time with Eva lately, so any time was good time.  I love that we can pick up where we left off the last time we were together, and it doesn't feel at all like we've been apart.  While Springville and Hobble Creek Canyon are not far away, they are far enough that we don't get together often.  

The biking routes were changed this year, due to some unhappiness expressed by some of the small communities we have biked through in the past.  As a result, we crossed the state line and biked into Idaho.  How fun is it to say, "I biked to Idaho today"?  Fun!  It was another great year and I was happy to be part of the ride again.






No comments:

Post a Comment