Thursday, June 20, 2019

Giant Bubbles

What do you do in the summertime when all the world is green?  I don't know about you, but occasionally we make giant bubbles.  Today we did that with Mikayla and her kids, as well as Grandma Sue.  We mixed up bubble solution, attached string to sticks, and worked on "blowing."  You can't actually blow anything, they are too big, but we did find it fairly effective to walk  backward allowing the air motion to make the bubble.  When I say "we" I mean "me."  The kids didn't get the hang of it very well and quickly lost the patience to try.  They were happy to pop the bubbles, however, so there was still entertainment value.  After the grass got so slick we were going to slip and hurt ourselves, we sat under the tree in the front yard and talked while the kids ran around a bit and cheered when the garbage truck came by.  I'd like a job where people cheer me on.  It was a lovely summer morning!





Mikayla got this shot mid pop.






Kal's MO was "pop as soon as the bubble appears, no matter the size."








Hoorah for garbage pickup!


Mom, sparkly from a just popped bubble.



Blythe went over to the Stice's house to play with Lily Lusvardi.
All the littles wanted to go with her.
Ramona said it was fine, so I walked them over.
It got lots quieter when they left.










No comments:

Post a Comment