Saturday, October 7, 2017

Flag Football Season Comes to an End

Just as soccer season came to end, so did flag football.  Brandt's team lost their last game, but they were playing boys who were HUGE with coaches who were intense.  But they have had a great season, Brandt has enjoyed playing, and as with Blythe, Kent and I were glad that Brandt wanted to play on a team and learn the responsibility of showing up and participating.  He played the line and said, "I'm just a pawn," but he made several "tackles" over several games and stayed in the game, trying to block and tackle as he could.  During one game, he caught a pass which tickled him (and me!) no end.  It was a good season and Brandt was glad he played.

When I asked Brandt what he liked best about playing flag football, he said, "It was fun." I guess my concerns that I wasn't giving enough detail, as I was talking about it all from my perspective, don't really matter.  It was fun.  The end.










The ever important job of hiking the football.
Who's a pawn now?



The kid Brandt's up against outweighs him by just a bit!









Brandt made a tackle!
A blurry one, but still a tackle! 


Here's the catching of the pass.
Watch as he watches the ball right into his hands.
He's wearing his cool football gloves.


 Yeah Brandt!


Remember how I said that the last game they played kids who were WAY bigger than them?
This is a 5th/6th grade team, so these boys can't be more than twelve.
Unless they've been held back a couple of years, which I suppose is a possibility.










Mikayla and Grandma Sue came to watch several games.
Hoorah for a cheering section!

Back row: Joe Pyrah, coach, Karson Roney, Cameron Pyrah, Sean Powell, Kelton Andrewsen, Casey Cummard, Brent Andrewson, asst. coach
Front row: Alex Bills, Cooper Moyer, Tim Shumway, Brandt, Matthew Ellis
missing Taft Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment