Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day

In spite of the fact that my dad is gone, I try to make Father's Day a joyous experience.  It stinks to have De gone and I miss him like crazy, but by the same token, we get to celebrate Kent who is father extraordinaire!  We had a nice day at church, the kids sang "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home," and the kids helped me make breakfast.  My mom and Lee, Cammie, and Aaron came over for dinner and we had pulled pork sandwiches and homemade tutti fruitti ice cream, because that is the favorite of both Kent and Lee.  Then we all went down to North Park for the concert.  The kids loved on Kent, and I did too, and we called and talked to Grandpa George to wish him a happy day too.  It was a good day, a fine time to remember those good men we love so much.

Kent is really a great dad who excels at making the children his top priority.  He is patient beyond measure, silly, fair, and is engaged in all aspects of fatherhood.  He is the better parent in our partnership, and finds no greater joy than the children.  I am lucky to be in this adventure with him.  We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment