Monday, June 29, 2015

Scouts

On his way home today, while riding the scooter and thinking about scouts, Kent had the brilliant idea to bake cookies in our solar oven.  He felt like he was baking in a solar oven.  We pulled it out of the basement, I had the boys help me mix up dough, and then we went outside to get them baking.  Thing was, just after we set the oven up, clouds somewhat blocked the sun, preventing the oven from fully heating up.  I baked cookies in the real oven inside so that the scouts could take something away with them, and then we hoped the dough would bake outside.

Although it took a long time, I am happy to report that we ate solar oven baked cookies after dinner, fully cooked, even a tad burned (just how I like them).  Gives me hope that we'd be able to do it in the event of an emergency.  'Cause ya know, you'll want a fresh baked cookie in an emergency.


No comments:

Post a Comment