Wednesday, June 17, 2015

South Fork Romp

Together with Mikayla, Eugene, and their kids, as the breeze blew through the trees stirring up something that aggravated my nose, we played at South Fork park today for several hours.  We took lunch up and sat in the shade under a tree, but we also ran around, tromped through the water, and hiked.  It was so beautiful, cooler than in the valley, and so nice to be out of the house and away from the TV.  (We're watching way too much TV so far this summer, although I'm not sure the kids would agree that it's 'too much.')

I especially liked the hiking.  Collin asked me to come hike with him, and since he likes me so much, I agreed to go with him.  He really walked a long way and wanted to keep going, but I suggested we turn back so we could have some lunch.  Well before I had finished, however, he was asking me to go again, so when I felt we had all eaten enough, I gathered all the children (less Blake who is feeling like a big guy now) and we went for another hike.  Luke and Brandt led out with the girls following behind, and Collin, Brick, and me bringing up the rear.  Everyone was a good hiker, including Brick.  It was just so lovely being outdoors.

Blythe and Makenna went off on their own doing "girls only" things.  Brandt and Luke chased around.  Blake followed after Brick to make sure he didn't fall in the river and drown.  Cora slept on her pouf.  Collin threw rocks in the river.  Mikayla, Eugene and I talked, when I wasn't chasing after/entertaining the little people.  Brick rode Brandt and Blake and me, and Blake and Collin sat on Eugene.  A good time was had by all.  So good, in fact, that I think we'll do it again next week.


My intrepid guide as we hiked together the first time.


 

 
Here's a picture of everyone but me.
Brandt was very obliging and took five or six pictures of me (when I wasn't looking)
possibly to help me feel better about not being in the group shot.




Brandt wouldn't smile normally.
I told him I was going to pee my pants, and that made him laugh.



My happy hiker buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment