Friday, June 12, 2015

Mini Golf--Again

Yesterday, the Olylers went miniature golfing, and Jarom came over and told us all about it.  Sounded like fun, so I suggested we go again today.  I know we just went for field trip Friday a few weeks ago, but I wanted to go to an outdoor course at the mouth of the canyon.  I called Mikayla and asked if she wanted me to take Brick to give her a little break, and although she was dubious about how the miniature golfing would go with Brick, I picked him up anyway.

We drove to the golf course only to discover that it open very limited hours, and only in the evenings.  But we were in the car, we needed something to do, and I was committed.  So we went to Trafalga again.  It wasn't brilliant.  Even though we were outside, my kids were fairly bored fairly quickly.  Brick was too small to golf, but whacked his ball around with his "hitter stick" as Blythe called it, and my kids kept picking up their balls and tossing them where they really wanted them to go.  I promised a snowcone on the way home in a last ditch effort to save the activity, but the place we stopped had super gross syrup so it wasn't all we had hoped for.  I couldn't even eat mine.  A snowcone!

Oh well.  You win some.  You lose some.  I can understand why Blythe thought school was funner and Brandt wanted to be home playing detectives.  I got no pictures of Brandt because he raced so quickly through the course, he was never close to me.

 

Blythe had more fun playing in the sprinkler puddles than actually golfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment