Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ice Skating

Oh what do you do in the summertime when all the world is green?  I don't know about you, but we go ice skating.  Yes, ice skating at the end of June.  Blythe has been begging me to go ice skating for field trip Friday for months, but Brandt doesn't like to ice skate, so we haven't gone.  She has continued to pester me, however, so a couple weeks ago I promised her we would go and I put it on the calendar.

Today we went for an hour and skated during a "small and tall" session at the ice rink.  As part of your entrance fee, you can use their plastic supporter things for free, making the whole experience much more enjoyable for Brandt.  He does not have a future as an NHL player.  He doesn't have any sort of future on the ice, but that's okay.

There were all of ten people on the ice.  Blythe was so happy to be there and made a friend, a little girl named Britain who was visiting her grandparents and was skating with her family.  She told me she was helping her skate, and they did move around the rink together quite a bit.  As we left she said, "Mom, I wish I could have a playdate with Britain.  She's my best friend."  I pointed out that someone you've know for only fifty minutes can't be your best friend, so she amended her statement by saying, "Britain is my best friend I've made today."  Agreed.





No comments:

Post a Comment