Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Reading

This morning Brandt read scriptures to us as I finished up lunches, Blythe ate, and Kent got his shoes on.  He read eleven verses, with nearly no hitch at all.  He did need help with a couple of words, but he read fluently and with expression.  It was marvelous.  His reading has vastly improved, and we credit that to his vision therapy.  Brandt has been going now since the middle of January and working diligently (most days) at home, and both Kent and I can see marked improvement.  A couple of weeks ago, at the end of third term, Mrs. Lee took me aside when I was in Brandt's class to help and showed me his test results.  He had read 116 words in a minute, exceeding the level he should be at at the end of the year, he received 8/8 on his comprehension, and wrote a great paragraph about what he'd read, well organized and clear.  His handwriting stinks and his spelling is awful, but the paragraph was good and he'd done well.  YEAH!!!!!!  Kent and I are both delighted to see Brandt finally reading easily on grade level.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment