Thursday, April 2, 2015

Favorite Book Character Day

Today, in honor of Library Month at school, was "Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character Day."  Brandt and Blythe both get into this.  This year, as I have been reading the Harry Potter books aloud to Brandt, he wanted to be Harry Potter, which is what he was for Halloween.  Super easy as we've already got the costume.  Done!  Thank you son for being so easy.

Blythe wanted to be a librarian from some book Lauren Wilkey had read, and she had very definite ideas of how she should be dressed.  She wanted to wear a long dress and brown shoes and have a name tag and a cardigan sweater.  She doesn't have any long dresses that "touch the floor," so I had to work really hard to convince her that her skirt would be perfect for a librarian.  I told her she could wear one of my sweaters, and that no, I was not going to buy her a new pair of brown shoes, just so she could be a librarian.  She could wear her regular Frozen tennis shoes and pretend.  I did make her a name tag, complete with picture of herself and attached to a lanyard she could wear around her neck.  When I took her picture, I had her hold a stack of books so she looked more librarian-ish, and then insisted on taking at least one book she could carry around with her throughout the day.  My guess is, the book carrying lasted about 23.6 seconds.

I certainly do appreciate the enthusiasm with which our children get into these sorts of things.  They get that from Kent.

Harry Potter and a librarian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment