Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter

It is Conference weekend and Easter as well.  I love it when those two things coincide because I feel like it makes my Easter celebrating much more focused on Christ.  Yesterday, in between sessions, the DeMartinis met at Christopher and Tysen's to have lunch, an egg hunt, and decorate/eat sugar cookies.  It was a beautiful day, with sun and blue skies, and it was wonderful to be together.

We tried to get a picture of all the grandkids together, but we were unsuccessful.  Rowen had to have a nap, and the twins were not at all cooperative.  I took 20 shots of the kids, trying to get one good one.  In eight of them, the twins are crying and running away, so we see various shots of their unhappy faces and fleeing.  In five more, both Donovan and Collin have their hands over their eyes, so we can't see their faces at all.  In their defense, we were on the west side of the house in the early afternoon, there was no shade and lots of sun, so their eyes were blinded.  Poor planning on the adults' part.  That really only left me seven pictures to work with.  Here is the best, and it's not great.

Lots of squinting in this bunch.
I sure do love these people.

And here's a picture of me with my three absolutely favoritist people ever.

Egg hunting 

Saturday evening we went out to Lee and Cammie's for dinner before the priesthood session.  Dave and Sharon were there too, with Micah and Jonathan.  Sharon, Micah, Cammie, Brandt, Blythe, and I played games while the men were away, and then we all had pie and ice cream when they were finished.  Blythe was delighted because she tied Aunt Sharon for the win in Phase 10 dice.  

Sunday was quiet as we listened to conference together, snacking and working on a puzzle.  It was an uplifting conference.  We were going to go to my mom's house for dinner, but we had invited Richard Ledford to come for dinner and things at her house would have been a bit wild for him, so we stayed home.  

I'm so grateful for Easter, for Christ's resurrection.  I think so frequently of my dad and grandparents and others I love who have died.  What a blessing to know I will see them again, whole and well.  I rejoice in that first Easter morning and the rebirth of spring each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment