Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Afternoon Activities

Blythe had a birthday party to go to this afternoon for her classmate Lexi.  Every day she's been asking, "Is today Lexi's party?"  Time remains a somewhat elusive concept for Blythe.  It was because of this party that we had Field Trip Friday yesterday.  Tysen invited us to go to the movie with them today, but I had to get Blythe and Ellen to the party, so I knew it wouldn't work for me.  It certainly did work for Brandt, however.  Tysen agreed to take him, so right after school, I took Brandt up to the movie theater, then Blythe to her party.  Brandt saw Paddington and ate popcorn, Blythe played games and had cake.  Both were absolutely delighted with the afternoon's activities, and I was too.  I had an extra hour and a half of solitary quietude, with children who were being entertained by someone other than me.

And the house stayed clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment