Friday, September 26, 2014

Field Trip Friday #6--The Really Final Final Swim of the Year at Grandma Sue's Pool

I know, I know!  I've said it before.  We've had three "final swim"s of the year, but this afternoon's was the REAL final swim.  My mom took a couple hours off of work to come home and float around the pool with us, and Uncle Charles is in town for the weekend, so he came.  And Mikayla and Brick were there, and Brandt and Blythe and me, and we swam, just one more time.  Everything was perfect--the water, the ambient temperature, the company, the final end of summer exhale as we sucked the last warm moment out of the season.  We shall miss the pool.

All summer long, Blythe has done this weird thing with that floatie she is hauling around.
She has filled it up with all the pool toys she thinks she must have, 
and then hoarded them the whole time we are in the water.  
She won't let anyone else touch whatever is in there, even if it isn't hers and it's a little kid who wants something.
I've been fairly irritated with her numerous times over the summer about it.








No comments:

Post a Comment